Up until now, all of our team members have come from the US. (If you live outside the US and have registered, please email us and let us know!!) Congratulations to Tajali Hall from Calgary, Alberta, Canada for being our first international registered donor! Tajali is an up and coming star in the line dance community - a wonderful dancer, choreographer and instructor with a heart of gold!
Here's what Tajali had to say:
I just wanted to let you know I joined OneMatch (the Canadian Stem Cell and Marrow Network). I started thinking about it more than a month ago but kept hesitating for so many different reasons. But it's funny how God works -- once He put it on my heart, He just never let it go!
The day after I first thought of registering as a donor there was a news story on TV about a 7-year-old little boy here in Calgary, Alberta who has been waiting several years to find a match. Just that day, they had found one for him. A week later, there was another story on the news about another stem cell donor. And two or three days after that, my university announced that it was doing a OneMatch donor drive at school.
It seemed that every time I tried to push it out of my mind, God kept bringing it back to the front. Finally it hit me like a ton of bricks -- I'm so blessed to be living my life to the fullest, and if I can give that opportunity to somebody else, that's a responsibility I have, not a choice I can choose to ignore!
I just wanted to thank you so much for doing the donor drive, and for providing so much information online to help answer questions and alleviate fears about the procedures. This isn't something I ever would have thought of doing if it wasn't for Jo.
I just wanted to thank you so much for doing the donor drive, and for providing so much information online to help answer questions and alleviate fears about the procedures. This isn't something I ever would have thought of doing if it wasn't for Jo.
No comments:
Post a Comment