Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Update #4, help Marie and Jo makes the news!

Team Jo and Friend's goal is to register 100 Bone Marrow Donors in 100 Days.  Today is day 33 of our drive.  The good news is we have 37 donors registered that we know of.  Awesome!  The bad news is that's the same number as last week!!  So, if you've been putting off registering, please don't wait.

Here's Marie Brady, one of the many patients in desperate need of a donor ASAP!

After 26 years in the Military / Reserves Forces - 16 in the Army and 10 in the Air Force, Marie retired as a Major 10 years ago...Private to Major with Warrant Officer in between.


Marie states that "In October 2010, I was diagnosed with Leukemia. I have been told that without a bone marrow transplant I may only live 2 to 3 more years. Of the 8 million people in the National Bone Marrow Registry none are currently a match for me. I have helped save many lives over the last 27 years (as a Physician Assistant). Now I need YOU to help save MY life and the lives of the 10,000 people a year who are diagnosed with leukemia and other blood related diseases in need of a transplant."
There is no special training needed, just the commitment to help.  Please register."


So, you might be just the match that Marie is looking for. 
Let's make this a big week!!!  Click here to sign up today!

Also, see Jo's reunion with her mom's line dance class in the link to the right under In the News!

No comments:

Post a Comment